On Fri, Jul 24, 2009 at 09:10:47AM -0700, Christopher Chen wrote:

> Partprobe will probably do what you want. Partprobe rescans partition
> tables. --rescan just rescans the targets for new LUNs.
>
> Are you sharing filesystems? If you are you should probably look
> Clustered LVM+GFS. I use clustered LVM to provision logical volumes
> for Xen guests on shared iSCSI luns, and it works just fine...

This is a bit offtopic, but have you ever done online resizing of the luns used
for CLVM ? ie. first grow the LUN on SAN storage array, then rescan the LUN
on the Xen hosts, and then pvresize.. to get more free space to the clustered
VG.

If I have understood things correctly that _should_ work nowadays, at least
in RHEL 5.3 and above, but I haven't tried it yet myself with CLVM (I've done
it with the normal non-clustered LVM).

-- Pasi