Hello Group,

I'm working out the config to boot a host from an iscsi target and have
everything pretty much working, but once the host is up, I can't connect
to any other iscsi targets.

My initrd script calls the following:

# bring up iscsi
/sbin/iscsid

# connect to the share
/sbin/iscsiadm -m discovery -t sendtargets -p ${ISCSI_PORTAL}
/sbin/iscsiadm -m node -T ${ISCSI_TARGET} -p ${ISCSI_PORTAL} -l

# mount and switch_root
mount -o ro -t $ROOTFS $ROOTDEV /mnt
umount /proc
umount /sys
exec switch_root /mnt /sbin/init

Which correctly brings up the iscsi disk and starts init, but once the
machine is up I can't discover targets anymore:

r...@host:~# /sbin/iscsiadm -m node -T mail -p 192.168.x.101:3260 -l
Logging in to [iface: default, target: mail, portal: 192.168.x.101,3260]
r...@host:~#

I suspect that the problem is that iscsid continues to run from the
initrd image where it stores it's session database which is lost when I
switch_root.

I tried restarting iscsid after boot, but the second I do that I loose
my disk and my host crashes.

I did some searching on google for a solution, but don't really see
anything, can someone point me in the right direction or tell me how to
handle restarting iscsid?

Thanks,
schu