On Tue, Aug 4, 2009 at 8:17 PM, Mike Christie<micha...@cs.wisc.edu> wrote:

> Erez Zilber wrote:
>>
>> I'm running with open-iscsi.git HEAD + the check suspend bit patch +
>> the wake xmit on error patch. If I disconnect the cable on the
>> initiator side (even while not running IO), I see that after sending
>> the signal, the  iscsi_q_XX thread reaches 100% cpu. I ran it over
>> several 1GB/ 10 GB drivers and got the same results.
>>
>> If I remove the  wake xmit on error patch, I don't see this behavior.
>>

> Shoot, I have been running the xmit wakeup and suspend bit patch here
> fine. Let me do some more testing.
>
> Is this something you always hit? Could you send me the final patch you
> ended up using?

I see this every time. Note that I'm not running with
linux-2.6-iscsi.git. I'm using the open-iscsi.git tree + the 2 patches
that I took without any change (using git-show) from the
linux-2.6-iscsi.git tree. Which tree did you test it on?

I added some printks to the code and saw that the signal does get sent
from iscsi_sw_tcp_conn_stop, but I didn't see that (rc == -EINTR || rc
== -EAGAIN) in  iscsi_sw_tcp_xmit (), even when I ran IO on that
session.

Erez