Hannes Reinecke wrote:
> Mike Christie wrote:
>>>>

>>> What do you mean it will barf?
>>>
>>> We normally will eventually send the other part of the PDU. We have
>>> these cases:
>>>

>>> 1. If we are doing ERL0 then we won't, but it does not matter because we
>>> kill the tcp/ip connection and iscsi connection/session.
>>>
>>> 2. If we get suspended because of a TMF cleanup, then we would hit that,
>>> but when the xmit thread resumes conn->task will be this task so we will
>>> start it up again.
>>>     - The exception is here if conn->task is the one we are aborting
>>> or is
>>> affected by the reset. However, in this case the target should not be
>>> sending a tmf response while it is waiting for the data to be sent.
>>>
>>> Is there a 3rd you are hitting or a bug in the existing code?
>>>
>> Oh yeah, I removed the suspend check in iscsi_sw_tcp_xmit_segment, but
>> we can still hit the exception in #2. If we hit the sendtmo, then part
>> of the pdu could be sent. We would then hit another suspend bit check
>> higher up or if you use that one patch where EAGAIN got changed to
>> ENOBUFS then we are going to exit from iscsi_data_xmit. If you are using
>> your cmdsn patch, you can also exit from iscsi_data_xmit early.
>>
> No, we're not hitting sndtimeo. I've got traces there which do _not_

I am not saying you were hitting the sendtmo. I am saying you can hit
it.  If you are running sendpage, the window/mem can close and you can
hit the sendtimeo, and you will hit the problem above. It does not
matter if the suspend bit is set or not.

I am just saying if you are worried about this problem for SLES, and are
going to add some code in there then you can hit the problem still.