Mike Christie <micha...@cs.wisc.edu> writes:

> The dm target is not dm-multipath is it?

No, I'm just using linear targets to add a layer of indirection that
occasionally gets flipped from one device to another during live storage
migration.

> I was thinking you might be hitting a problem in the async code the
> scsi_scan.c/sd.c code use like here:
>
> http://git.kernel.org/?p=linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux-2.6.git;a=history;f=kernel/async.c;h=27235f5de198997180d4a293adc932d48c6101c7;hb=HEAD

Ah, right: although this isn't in 2.6.30.4, it does claim to be a fix for
d5a877e8dd409d8c702986d06485c374b705d340:

http://git.kernel.org/?p=linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux-2.6.git;a=commit;h=d5a877e8dd409d8c702986d06485c374b705d340

which isn't in 2.6.30.4 either. Of course, there may well be other problems
with the older async code I'm running in the stable series. It certainly
looks like it was reworked not too long before 2.6.30 was released.

Cheers,

Chris.