Mike Christie wrote:
> Hannes Reinecke wrote:
>> Before we're trying to send a PDU we have to check whether a TMF
>> is active. If so and if the PDU will be affected by the TMF
>> we should allow only Data-out PDUs to be sent, or, if
>> fast_abort is set, no PDUs at all.
>
> You sort of changed the behavior of the code and it does not match the
> description.
>
> The fast_abort setting was a hack and not the iscsi RFC one as we
> discussed before. It used to apply to aborts and lu resets. Now, it only
> applies to lu resets.

I know it's not the RFC one.
Only I wasn't quite sure what to do with it for aborts;
the current implemented 'fast_abort' logic I deciphered as
'terminate transfer as fast as possible'.
So for LU Resets we wouldn't transfer any data to the affected
LUN, and for aborts with would just have to block the task
with the corresponding itt.

> Was this intentional?

Not really. But was should be done for aborts when fast_abort
is set?
We only have to block the task with the corresponding itt, no?

Cheers,

Hannes
--
Dr. Hannes Reinecke                   zSeries & Storage
h...@suse.de                          +49 911 74053 688