On 13 Aug 2009 at 16:34, Hannes Reinecke wrote:

> Interesting though, both NetApp and MSA level out at around
> 64 commands. Maybe we should consider changing the default ...

Our old HP AutoRAID had a recommended queue depth of 8, but I don't know what
the
actual queue size was. At least at that time the IBM deskstar SCSI disk with
Linux
and an Adaptec 2940 on my home PC was using a queue depth of 250 or so ;-)

Did you have a look at what the SCSI guys do about the queue depth? AFAIR
formerly
you had to specify the depth wehen loading the module/kernel, but then they did
an
dynamic adjustment. Meybe it's like starting with a huge queue, and once the
target complains, set a capping limit on the queue size. I didn't see source
recently...

Regards,
Ulrich