Hello everyone,

        I am introducing myself to iSCSI world, so maybe these are newbie
questions. I'm sorry.

        My first test has been to create a LUN (in a celerra file server) and
export it with iscsi. I have mounted this lun in a debian server
(lenny), created a file system, and mounted it. The problem I have is
that performance is poor than in a NFS FS (with NFS I get ~50MB/s and
with iSCSI I get ~10MB/s). I am mounting NFS and iSCSI filesystem over a
bonding (active/pasive) of two gigabit cards. I am using tcp transport
for iSCSI.

        Another question related with this, is that one of my cards is a
Broadcom NetXtremm II BMC5708S wich supports iSCSI. Although some man
pages talk about a bnx2i transport, I haven't found any kernel module
for this. Could I use this transport? How? Should it improves
performance?

--
Angel L. Mateo Martínez
Sección de Telemática