Dear sir:

I have tested iscsi protocols on two machines using open-iscsi and
iscsi-target. On IBM X3550 machine which has two NICs (SUSE Linux
Enterprise
10.1) I simulate iscsi initiator , and on Dell Optiplex 755 machine
(Fedora 8 ) for iscsi target . The network environment is 1GbE.

Unfortunately, when I discovery the target, and used hdparm to test
the read speed, I found the speed could only obtain 10MB/s.

Later, I let the IBM X3550 to be the target, and let Dell 755 to be
initiator, the speed could obtain above 80MB/s.

I can not know the reason. Looking forword to your replies.