On 09/10/2009 12:53 PM, solidguy wrote:
> Is there a good way to monitor the iscsi sessions for errors? I need
> to report it via SNMP (and perhaps kill the VM running over the
> connection). Right now the only way I see is to monitor syslog -- but
> the syslog doesn't always give me which session (or disk) is in
> trouble.

You can monitor which sessions have errors by listening on the iscsi
netlink interface. I am not sure if that is very user friendly. You
would have to listen for ISCSI_KEVENT_CONN_ERROR events and filter out
other junk. This does not tell you if a disk has errors though.

For upstream we are working on a more complete solution for
dm-mutlipath, so it can figure out when session/connections have link
problems or if a disk is offlined by the scsi eh. But right now, I do
not think there is any easy way to do what you need.