No, that was an old copy of the RFC. Current valid values are

        MaxOutstandingUnexpectedPDUs=<numerical-value-from-2-to-(2**32-1) | 0

which means we're just fine replying w/ "0".

Is this a bug on the OpeniSCSI side, where you're intercepting an iSER
key-value and failing since you don't recognize it, rather than
passing it down?

Let me know what you think, thanks.