I'm setting up open-iscsi on slackware 12.2.  I built a initrd image
that loads up the modules, logs in, and mounts root on iscsi and all is
well until after the machine is running and I want to connect to another
iscsi target.  This causes strange behavior:

1.  I can kill iscsid and everything keeps working.  I've not seen this
before.  In the past I needed to have iscsid running in order to do
anything since root is on iscsi.  Anyone know why this is?

2.  If try to login to a target right after boot I get:
"iscsiadm: initiator reported error (13 - daemon access denied)"
however, after I restart iscsid I get, "Login to [iface: default,
target: mail, portal: x.x.x.x,3260]: successful" which looks good except
I don't get my scsi disks setup in /dev.  Looking at dmesg shows:

scsi2 : iSCSI Initiator over TCP/IP
scsi scan: INQUIRY result too short (5), using 36

This was working fine in slackware 12.1 so the only major difference is
the kernel which is now 2.6.27.7.

Anyone know what is up with this and how to fix it?  Is git head stable
enough to try it?

schu