On 09/28/2009 09:39 AM, Drew Morris wrote:
> Mike,
>
> Thanks for your prompt/detailed reply.
>
> Vtrak is an iscsi disk array, which unfortunately doesn't seem to be
> reporting any errors.
> Is there any sort of debugging I could do to discern what the cause of the
> problem is? I'm pretty sure it's not a pulled cable, but either the target or
> the initiator dropping the connection for some reason...
> What sort of "invalid data" would cause the initiator to drop the connection?
>
> There are no errors about pings or nops. The fragment I sent was the
> "beginning" of the problem. Can the verbosity of the iscsi messages be
> increased?

Are you using the kernel modules and tools from open-iscsi.org? If so,
each iscsi module has a mod param that can used to turn on different
debugging. You can also set it through sysfs like so:

echo 1 > /sys/module/libiscsi/parameters/debug_libiscsi_conn
echo 1 > /sys/module/libiscsi/parameters/debug_libiscsi_session
echo 1 > /sys/module/libiscsi/parameters/debug_libiscsi_eh
echo 1 > /sys/module/iscsi_tcp/parameters/debug_iscsi_tcp
echo 1 > /sys/module/libiscsi_tcp/parameters/debug_libiscsi_tcp

This turns on all the logging, so if you run IO it will be a lot of
info. You probably just want to turn all this on when not doing any
reads/writes. That way we will just get what causes the initial conn error.