I'll have to look again.  I remember that basically I can discover my
targets just fine with `iscsiadm -m discovery -t st -p <port_here>`

and then when I go to log into those with `iscsiadm -m node --
loginall=all` it tries but fails.   If I reconfigure (rm -rf /lib/
iscsi/nodes/* /lib/iscsi/send_targets/* and then redo the ifaces) so
that my ifaces use the nics and not the software bridges, it works
just fine.

Unfortunately, my test system was reclaimed, but this is the model
that we'd like to move forward with so I will get another system going
shortly and I can debug this more.

good to hear that, in theory, it should work :)

On Oct 8, 2009, at 2:50 PM, Mike Christie wrote:

> On 10/07/2009 10:15 AM, Hoot, Joseph wrote:
>> Thanks for the info Stephan.  I'm taking your response into
>> consideration and will most likely NOT go forward with this based on
>> your response, as well as Oracle's response to this same type of
>> question.  They seemed to believe that performance may be impacted.
>>
>> 1) However, before I completely ditch the idea, does anyone know if
>> this is even possible?<-- that is, using linux software bridges via
>> the `brctl` command.
>
> I have never tested that before.  I am not sure why it would not work.
> In your setup, does iscsiadm fail when you try to login? At that time
> are you trying to also use ifaces? If you do not use them does it
> work?
>
> In /var/log/messages, do you see a error message from iscsid? What
> is it?

Joseph R. Hoot
Lead System Programmer/Analyst
(w) 716-878-4832