Mike Christie wrote:
> Paul Cooper wrote:
>
>> I have something interesting going on with VMWare (yea I know not open
>> source but I tried) VS ISCSI.
>> I am getting a "duplicate IP address" message being reported on the
>> server that is provisioning the LUNS. not sure if it is a symptom or a
>>

> Is the dupplicate IP on the target, and vmware is reporting that is
> seeing duplicate IPs on the target? It could be that you have two ports
> on the server/initiator, and when it logs into the target it is seeing
> the same IP through different paths. So maybe it is just a warning about
> having mupltipe paths to the same portal? Just a initial wild guess from
> what I thought I understood.
>

>> cause. any thoughts or anybody heard of this?
>> regards
>> Paul (long time reader 1st time caller)

This is one of our customers in the midwest... they have not been too
willing to come up with logs or any thing.. I think it is more user
error then any real trouble. seems they just sent off a panic email
stating they were getting ip configuration errors and wanted me to
diagnose the issue with out giving me any real details... I was casting
a wide net to see what other people thought. I think the resolution was
to set the lun machine to static ip and all of the virtual machines to
dhcp that seemed to correct the issue. other then that I am not sure
what they did