On Thu, 2009-10-29 at 18:46 +0530, Rakesh Ranjan wrote:
> Hi Mike,
>
> Herein attached patches for having dhcp provisioning support in
> cxgb3i.
> I have added one new iscsi netlink message ISCSI_UEVENT_REQ_IPCONF.
> Please have a look and share suggestions.
[...]

Why does cxgb3i need its very own DHCP client?  This seems like
something that's generically useful to firmware-based iSCSI adapters.

(It would be better still if this could be left to user-space, but
although a user-space program could send out requests on the net device
using the iSCSI device's MAC address, I don't see how it would get