Morten W. Petersen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> we have some servers running open-iscsi 2.0.870~rc3-0.4 (Debian) on

Is this open-iscsi that comes with debian or is that a open-iscsi.org
release of 870-rc3?

> a couple of servers.
>
> One of these servers has been frequent unexplained reboots, and another
> I saw had a hard freeze due to the sdb/sdc device becoming
> unwritable/unreadable.
>
> Could open-iscsi be the culprit here?

It could be. Is there anything in /var/log/messages when the reboot
occurs? Do you see something about a conn error or ping/nop timing out
or somehting about a host reset failing?

How do you know the disk is not read/writable?

Are you doing failover with the MD3000i target?

What values are you using for the noops and replacement_timeout?