On Nov 8, 2009, at 4:47 AM, Gopu Krishnan <gopu.0...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I am working on iSCSI Enterprise Target. Could you please someone
> explain about the performance of the IET.
> If so how the performance was calculated and what was the througput
> for the same.

IET performance is very good, given that one has good backend storage
performance and good networking (use bonnie++ or iozone or whatever
disk benchmark works for you and iperf for network).

Get the local disk and network performance to the best level you can,
then setup IET. It is frustrating to work the other way around. To
test IET performance test it on the initiator side with a disk
benchmark tool that tests random as well as sequential performance
with standard block sizes (4k 8k 16k 64k) and use a reasonable number
of outstanding IOs like 4.

-Ross