On Fri, Nov 13, 2009 at 9:00 PM, Yangkook Kim <yangkook...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>It looks like you used the git tree. What branch did you use? I am
>>asking because I could not find the code below.
>
> I actually did't use git. I just used "diff -Naur file1 file2 > my patch".
> and put "signed-off" by myself.
>
> This is actually very first time to send patch and dont't know the correct
> manner to send a patch to maintainer. Sorry for making confused you.
>
> Do I have to use git to make patch?
>
> I actually put modified patch of util.c that adds checking
> MGMT_IPC_ERR_EXISTS as
> I explained in the reply to your question in [Pathch 1/2].
>
> If it would be better if making patch using git, I will do so.
>
> Also I would be very appriciate if you briefly tell me the correct manner
> of sending patch to you.

What you should do is:

1. Clone the open-iscsi.git tree. The shortest way to do that is:
    a. Install git - it usually comes with your distro.
    b. Run 'git clone
git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/mnc/open-iscsi.git'
    c. Run 'cd open-iscsi'
2. Now, make some preparations:
    a. git repo-config user.name "Yangkook Kim"
    b. git repo-config user.email yangkook...@gmail.com
3. Make your code changes.
4. Commit you code:
    a. Use 'git add' to add the files that you want to have in the commit.
    b. After adding all files, you can run 'git diff --cached --color'.
    c. Commit your code: 'git commit -s'
    d. Write some commit message.
5. Create a patch: use 'git format-patch -n commitish'. For example,
if commit 'A' was the HEAD when you cloned the tree and you make
commits 'B', 'C' & 'D', then 'git format-patch -n A' will create 3
patch files (for 'B', 'C' & 'D'),
6. Check your patches - use checkpatch
(http://lxr.linux.no/#linux+v2.6.31/scripts/checkpatch.pl) to make
sure that your patch has the correct style etc. Run 'checkpatch.pl
--no-tree <your patch file>'.
7. Send your patch.

Good luck,
Erez