Thank you for your response. The SAN is a 10gbe Nimbus with I believe
to be iscsitarget(http://iscsitarget.sourceforge.net/) as it's target
server.
The switch is a Cisco Nexus5010 set to jumbo frame and flow control.
We have through tcp/ip performance tests in conjunction with Cisco
proved that this works. Furthermore using netcat and dd conjointly we
have achieved speeds around 200MB/s. This is far from the 822MB/s
shown in our testing with netperf and Cisco's performance tests, but
it is way above what we are getting with iscsi at 94MB/s which
technically is a GiG network not a 10gbe network.

I am not familiar with no-op-io-scheduler where exactly is this set
and what are it's implications ?

Thank you once again for your help.