Ulrich Windl wrote:
> On 15 Dec 2009 at 10:32, Geoff Galitz wrote:
>
>>> You might want to post to linux-kernel or linux-scsi list. The iscsi
>>> initiator does not control this, but I think there are some scsi or
>>> block layer tools that can do it if the target/disk supports it.
>> I'll do that. I did try to use sgmode to enable this, but that just did not
>> work.
>
> Actually I think if you can't do it on the remote end (i.e. target), the
> initiator
> will also fail, because iSCSI just transports the request to the target.

I think Geoff and I were talking about using a tool like from sg3_utils,
which sends scsi commands to the target. The scsi commands can change
settings or do things like fail over a lun/controller. You are right
though. The iscsi stuff has nothing to do with it. The scsi commands are
just sent over iscsi. And it would be strange not to have a user
friendly interface on the target, but allow you to do it with sg utils.