Alex Zeffertt wrote:
> Mike Christie wrote:
>> Alex Zeffertt wrote:
>>> Please could the attached patch be considered for inclusion in the
>>> open-iscsi
>>> source.
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>>
>>> Alex Zeffertt
>>>
>>> Changelog:
>>> ---------
>>>
>>> iSCSI Boot Firmware Tables are able to specify up to two iSCSI targets, but
>>> until now open-iscsi has only been able to display/attach one of these.
>>>
>>> This change enables open-iscsi to display/attach both targets when the iBFT
>>> contains two valid entries.  The following commands are affected:
>>>
>>>   iscsiadm -m fw [-l]
>>>   iscsistart -b
>>>   iscsistart -f
>>>
>> Thanks for working on this! I think, though, that this was already done
>> for you.
>>
>> What code did you make the patch over? Could you look at the
>> open-iscsi.git code
>> git clone git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/mnc/open-iscsi.git
>>   or even the current release
>> http://www.open-iscsi.org/bits/open-iscsi-2.0-871.tar.gz
>> should have it.
>
> Ah, so it does!  I was using open-iscsi-2.0-870-rc1, rather than the current
> git
> tree, because that's what was in the open-iscsi RPM from CentOS 5.4 I was
> modifying.
>
> Hmm, just my luck that between 2.0-870-rc1 and 2.0-871 the equivalent
> changesets
> went in!  Anyway, thanks for letting me know.
>
> I'd still really appreciate it if someone looked at my other patch which adds
> "-n" option to iscsistart, to bring up the NICs based on the contents of the
> iBFT.  Is there already a plan afoot to do this?  If there isn't I'll happily
> rebase that patch against the tip of the git repo if it helps get it accepted.

I was working on making it possible for iscsistart/iscsiadm to use that
info to setup the iscsi offload cards from broadcom and chelsio and
possibly serverengines (not exactly sure if SE will need it since it can
store its net values in flash).

I do not think anyone was working on making those iscsi tools set up the
net interfaces in the non offload case. I thought distros were going to
parse the info spit out from the iscsi tools then they were going to run
some script to set up the net. But if they like the iscsi tools to do
this for them, then rebase your patch so we can merge it.