On 02/03/2010 10:03 AM, Or Gerlitz wrote:
Mike Christie wrote:
Doh forgot about the original issue. Nice idea and patch. Looks ok to me.

lets see... I was kind of under the impression that the --original-- or major
issue here

It is. Your patch was a incremental change that removed the extra session lock use from the iser module. I started to hijack the thread with trying to completely remove the session lock. I just meant I forgot to review your patch and give comments on the code, and above I was saying I think your patch is a good first start.

of lock less flow for queuecommand / passthrough (see next mail). So with this
observation at hand, I'd be happy if something can be done to allow for merging
some version of the patch below before we touch the xmit path, if this possible
at all...

It is possible. That is what my rm-list4.patch was trying to do. In that patch iscsi_complete_pdu did not need the session lock anymore.

+       if (opcode == ISCSI_OP_SCSI_CMD_RSP)
+               err = __iscsi_complete_pdu(conn->iscsi_conn, hdr,
+                                               rx_desc->data, datalen);
+       else