On 02/24/2010 09:14 AM, guymatz wrote:
> Hello,
> I would really love to be able to tell if (and ideally where!) an
> iSCSI LUN (right word here?) is mounted.  I don't want to mount it
> twice . . !  Any way to do this?  Is there an ideal way to do iSCSI
> accounting?
>
> Thanks a lot,
> Guy

once you mount your LUN identify it in /dev/disk/by-id/*
from then on it will stay the same no matter whet /dev/sd* it
is. You can specify /dev/disk/by-id/ everywhere, like in fstab
and not care about what letter it has.

If your lun is not mounted you will not find it in /dev/disk/by-id/

(If the LUN has a filesystem on it it will also be in /dev/disk/by-uuid/* )

Good luck
Boaz