On 03/01/2010 05:38 AM, Erez Zilber wrote:
On Wed, Feb 3, 2010 at 11:51 PM, Mike Christie<micha...@cs.wisc.edu>  wrote:
On 02/03/2010 06:07 AM, Erez Zilber wrote:

On Wed, Feb 3, 2010 at 11:30 AM, Mike Christie<micha...@cs.wisc.edu>
  wrote:

On 02/03/2010 01:50 AM, Erez Zilber wrote:

It looks like I posted it at Red Hat and never got a response, and I
probably then forgot about it and never asked upstream. Will send mail
upstream now.

Which list are you sending it to? I thought it was lkml, but didn't
find any discussion there.

I think I found a nicer solution. See the attached patch made over
linus's
tree. I am just not sure if we are allowed to set the sk_err field -
maybe
it is supposed to be internal to the socket code. The patch seems to be
working for me.

Works great for me.

Ok. I am going to post it to netdev today/tomorrow, to make sure they are ok
with how I am accessing the sock struct.

Mike,

Did you get any response from the netdev list?

I just sent it to linux-scsi after looking at some similar code. It ended up getting merged in James's tree.