Does this still apply if I'm using two separate iSCSI target devices sharing
the same data source (RAID)?

On Mar 19, 2010 1:24 PM, "Alex Zeffertt" <alex.zeffe...@eu.citrix.com>
wrote:

Yes, I've done it!

multipathd uses /sbin/scsi_id to determine which block devices are really
the same as eachother.  (Actually, the callout is configured in
/etc/multipath.conf, but its usually /sbin/scsi_id).

If /sbin/scsi_id returns the same ID for two block devices then you should
be able to failover between them.

The path failovers are handled by the kernel part of the
device-mapper-multipath package, and path recovery is handled by multipathd.

Regards,

Alex