I am new to iSCSI and FilerSystems, but I am evaluating if it makes sense for
our clients.

So I set up my testlab and created a KVM Server with 3 instances,

2 x Ubuntu (one for Zimbra LDAP, one for Zimbra Mailserver)
1 x Ubuntu (with some OpenVZ virtual machines in it)

These 3 KVM instances have RAW LVM disks which are on a Volume in the iSCSI
Filer.

I tried yesterday to reboot the filer, without doing anything to the KVM
Machines, to simulate outage/human error.

The reboot is fine and the iSCSI targets get exposed, but the KVM Servers have
their filesystems mounted readonly.

Is there any way to get the LVM volumes on the KVM Server machine or inside the
KVM Virtualized servers back to R/W mode?

I could not figure it out, vgchange -aly <storage> on the KVM server did not
change anything.

Is the only way to handle this situation with a cold-reset of the KVM Guests?
As a reboot command was taking very long, i guess because of the RO mounts i
had to reset them.

A push in the right direction regarding, e.g. doku, or any help is very
appreciated.

Thank you,
best

-
RunSolutions
     Open Source It Consulting
-
Email: r...@runsolutions.com

Parc Bit - Centro Empresarial Son Espanyol
Edificio Estel - Local 3D
07121 -  Palma de Mallorca
Baleares