Hi Mike,

Thanks for your reply.

What I was doing was just trying to understand how the the data
travels through normal fs or block layer, reaches iscsi and gets sent
over the network, when there is a normal read()/write() request. So
the function call trace I have found is not quite the normal path?

Actually I'm still new to the kernel and the storage subsystem... So
could you maybe tell me what I should look at to learn more about the
normal code path of a read/write request? Or maybe point me to some
online materials/books I can gain some understanding from?

Thanks a lot!

Jack