On 05/25/2010 08:04 PM, Mike Christie wrote:
On 05/19/2010 05:17 PM, Anton Altaparmakov wrote:
Is there anyway you can give me the libiscsi.c, iscsi_tcp.c and if it
exists the libiscsi_tcp.c files for kernel that worked and did not work?

Sure, attached... The sp2-iscsi directory is the working one and the
sp3-iscsi directory is the non-working one (note it includes the patch
that you referenced above, the original SP3 code did not have that).

There does not seem to be anything in there that would cause this. The
bug that the patch I referenced was not even in there.

On each kernel are you using the same iscsi userspace tools?

Could you send me the drivers/scsi/scsi_scan.c from each kernel?

Actually do not send me that. With the SLES kernels can you run kernel modules built for one kernel on different kernels?

If so then replace the scsi_transport_iscsi.ko, libiscsi.ko, and iscsi_tcp.ko modules on sp3 kernel with the sp2 ones. Before you star the iscsi service you might have to force the insmod of the iscsi modules by doing

insmod -f path_to_iscsi_modules/scsi_transport_iscsi.ko
insmod -f path_to_iscsi_modules/libiscsi.ko
insmod -f path_to_iscsi_modules/iscsi_tcp.ko

When you start the iscsi service you might see errors about iser stuff not loading but you can ignore that since we will not be using it.