On 06/21/2010 11:16 AM, Mike Christie wrote:
On 06/17/2010 01:02 PM, pat_dig...@dell.com wrote:
Hi,

Sorry if this is the wrong list, but open-iscsi is listed as the
maintainer for the file this occurred in...

When trying to trying to format an iSCSI volume, the kernel throws a
null pointer exception and the thread goes into an infinite loop or is
otherwise locked up. The thread doing the filesystem creation (for
example: mke2fs -j) cannot be killed, even with kill -9.

I received a kernel oops, which is at the bottom with some other
useful information

Kernel version: Tested with Fedora's 2.6.33.5-124 (Fedora 13) as well
as linux-next, as well as a modified version of linus' tree.

I have not seen this oops before. Do you know if this started with
2.6.33.* kernels?

Are you using header or data digests (just asking so I can try to
replicate this here)?

Could you also do

echo 1 > /sys/module/libiscsi_tcp/parameters/debug_libiscsi_tcp
echo 1 > /sys/module/iscsi_tcp/parameters/debug_iscsi_tcp

Then rerun your test. This will add a lot of debugging outpout to /var/log/messages. Just send me the oops and the last couple hundred lines before the oops.