On 07/29/2010 02:54 AM, Anil wrote:
Hi,

I've tested few things and noticed the following:

1)Written a simple module which does nothing but get the bdev and call
generic_make_request. Result was that, I still got iscsi connection
1011 state 3 errors, continually.

Was this with the iscsi initiator running in a vm or on a normal old system?

2) configured a system with ietadm iscsitarget. dd to a file, exported
it as a iscsi disk to the initiator. Now, the open-iscsi recognized
the disk and when I do IO, still got the errors:

iscsi: received itt 0 expected session age (0)
connection1:0: iscsi: detected conn error (1011)
connection1:0 is operational after recovery (1 attempts)
Kernel reported iSCSI connection 1:0 error (1011) state (3)
iscsi: received itt 0 expected session age (0)

Could you take a ethereal/tcpdump trace from the initaitor and target at the same time and send them? I think I asked for this before, but did not see it.

5) I see this in my log messages "iscsid: transport class version
2.0-724. iscsid version 2.0-868"

That is fine.

sometimes I see the errors when no IO happens.

Not even iscsi nops/pings (do you see something about a nop/ping timing out in /var/log/messages)? If not, are there other initiators logged into the target at this time?

DS-1-29-SLES10-SP2-64bit-Xen:~/open-iscsi-2.0-871 # uname -a
Linux DS-1-29-SLES10-SP2-64bit-Xen 2.6.16.60-0.39.3-xen #1 SMP Mon May
11 11:46:34 UTC 2009 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

I tried compiling the latest open-iscsi as I didnt have the debug
options for open-iscsi but ended up getting errors like below while
compiling the kernel part of the package:

DS-1-29-SLES10-SP2-64bit-Xen:~/open-iscsi-2.0-871 # make KSRC=/usr/src/
linux-2.6.16.60-0.39.3

The kernel modules do not support building against SLES kernels very well. Try a upstream kernel.