On 08/03/2010 02:29 PM, Jansen, Frank wrote:

-----Original Message-----
From: Mike Christie [mailto:micha...@cs.wisc.edu]
Sent: Tuesday, August 03, 2010 3:06 PM
To: open-iscsi@googlegroups.com
Cc: Jansen, Frank
Subject: Re: Using multiple ports question

On 08/02/2010 02:42 PM, Jansen, Frank wrote:
Hi,

(Sorry about the incomplete message due to my fat fingers)

I've searched through archives and lots of places, but have had no
success in finding the answer to the following conundrum:

- I set up 2 scsi targets using tgtd provided in scsi-target-utils
and
put them on separate control-ports, so that I can keep backing-store
organized.  The two instances of tgtd are listening on ports 3260
and
3261 resp.  There are 4 LUNs on each target, which show up as being
ready.

- when I do discovery on the initiator node, I succeed in performing
the
discovery on the portal with port 3260, and logins succeed.
Discovery
on the port 3261 portal appears to succeed, but when I try logins
they
fail with the following:

Logging in to [iface: default, target:
iqn.2001-04.com.crossbeamsys:dut.target2, portal: 10.10.10.201,3261]

iscsiadm: Could not login to [iface: default, target:
iqn.2001-04.com.crossbeamsys:dut.target2, portal:
10.10.10.201,3261]:

iscsiadm: initiator reported error (4 - encountered connection
failure)

What version of open-iscsi are you using? There was a bug there the
non
default port would not get logged into in some test/rc releases.

Also check out /var/log/messages for messages from iscsid. Something
about a connection failing to connect. Send the log.

Thank you.  I am running 2.0-870 on RHEL6 beta (2.6.32-19.el6.x86_64).

Ah shoot, one of the beta snaps had the bug. Are you running the iscsi tools from RHEL 6 (the iscsi-initiator-utils rpm) beta or open-iscsi.org? If you are using the iscsi-initiator-utils then try
http://people.redhat.com/mchristi/iscsi/rhel6.0/iscsi-initiator-utils/

If that does not work could you try stopping iptables then logging in?
# /etc/init.d/iptables stop
# iscsiadm -m node -l

or
# /etc/init.d/iscsi restart