On 08/04/2010 02:25 AM, john fish wrote:
Hi,

Does anyone have experience with linux (RHEL5.5) + EMC AX4-5i ?

I have 4 virtual disks in EMC, but /proc/partitions shows 16 .. lot of them
are not accessible ,
and also I get kernel errors:

end_request: I/O error, dev sdc, sector 52428792
Buffer I/O error on device sdc, logical block 6553599
sd 0:0:0:2: Device not ready:<6>: Current: sense key: Not Ready
     Add. Sense: Logical unit not ready, manual intervention required

We normally see these when the target has multiple controllers and one of the controllers is in passive mode where it would normally be used to fail over to, or when one controller is being upgraded or when some management operation is being executed on a controller.