On 08/26/2010 03:04 AM, bina...@web.de wrote:
Hello,

we are using open iscsi downloaded from here :http://www.open-
iscsi.org/bits/open-iscsi-2.0-871.tar.gz

Are you using the userspace and kernel modules that come with that tarball, or just the tools?

Why don't you use the tools and/or kernel modules that come with oel?

Do you see the problem with only the tarball kernel modules or do you also see it with the kernel modules that come with oel?

Has Oracle tried to debug this already or has equallogic?

with oracle Enterprise Linux 5.5:

[r...@rac1 ~]# uname -a
Linux rac1 2.6.18-194.el5 #1 SMP Mon Mar 29 22:10:29 EDT 2010 x86_64
x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
[r...@rac1 ~]# iscsiadm -V
iscsiadm version 2.0-871

This is as two node RAC with ASM and about 7 Luns each Database one.
During Performance Tests
we get a stale or broken session after a couple of hours running the

Is there anything in the target logs?

test. We can then copy
data fast to the SAN - some gigybyte in some seconds but can read it
only slow - 20 MB

What is the normal throughput?

When there is no problem can you do
cat /sys/class/scsi_host/hostX/host_busy
And can you run that again when there is a problem and check if there is a difference?

in more the one minute. the data will be read correct but it is slow.
After logoff and
login for just the one session the session is fast as before. We can
reproduce the
probelm with the next performance test. Unfortunally we have no error
messages in the
dmesg or /var/log/messages files. I checked this it is just slow no
messages. Since we want
to keep it simple we have no multipathing or bonding only one
interface with one cable.

Since the perfromance tests do not finish we have some time pressure
this is a new
Dell equalogic ps6000 Hardware and server. Can anybody tell us how to
fix the problem
or what to try. Is there an explaination why only read performance is
affected. With
a RAC test it is possible that one node can still read fast ant the
other not unter the
sesison gets a now login. Are there any other relevant logfiles or
debug modes etc?

You can turn on debugging by writing 1 to the iscsi modules debugging sysfs files.

/sys/module/iscsi_tcp/paramters/debug_iscsi_tcp
/sys/module/libiscsi_tcp/paramters/debug_libiscsi_tcp
/sys/module/libiscsi/paramters/debug_libiscsi_*

This will make lots of output get written to /var/log/messages