On 01/10/2011 11:52 AM, Karen Xie wrote:
Hi, Mike,

What I mean is even if cxgb3i maintains a pool of skbs (equivalent of
gl_skbs). Once they are handed down to the network layer cxgb3 they will
still be freed by the network driver (on the tx path).

So hows does it work now? It seems ddp_alloc_gl_skb is called at device setup time, then when IO is queued/xmited we run ddp_set_map which allocates from gl_skbs. If when you transmit the IO, the driver frees the skb, how does gl_skb get replenished?