On 05/10/2011 05:11 AM, --[ UxBoD ]-- wrote:
As it would appear CentOS 6 is a while downstream before release we have
used 5.6 on a new server build. That uses kernel 2.6.18-238.9.1.el5
which is pretty darn old and has a nasty bug when working with iSCSI and
OpenSolaris SANs.

The open-iscsi code in rhel/centos 5 is pretty new. It is not that far behind upstream.

What is the bug? I know someone at red hat :) and can get them to fix it :)

What kernel and Open-iSCSI release would you recommend for a new server
build ?

I think the stable kernels have the iscsi kernel bug fixes ported to them. For userspace tools, just use the current tools here
http://kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/people/mnc/open-iscsi/
(sill do not have open-iscsi.org access).

Instead of the normal make just do

make user
make install_user

This will just only make the userspace tools and use the native kernels iscsi modules.