On 07/19/2011 12:32 PM, rahul gupta wrote:
> Hi Mike,
>
> As we discussed last week, I have taken up TODO- userspace list item #2.
>
> I have analysed and coded on some part of it on this weekend :-
> For timeout and CHAP I have taken following parameters values from /sys and
> printed it.
>
> [root@a usr]# ls /sys/class/iscsi_session/session17/ | grep tmo
> abort_tmo
> lu_reset_tmo
> recovery_tmo
>
> The o/p looks like:-
>
> [root@a usr]# ./iscsiadm -m session -P3
> Target: iqn.2004-05.xyz.bumblee
>         Current Portal: 103.3.3.60:3260,1
>         Persistent Portal: 103.3.3.60:3260,1
>                 **********
>                 Interface:
>                 **********
>                 Iface Name: default
>                 Iface Transport: tcp
>                 Iface Initiatorname: iqn.1994-05.com.redhat:2899883c314b
>                 Iface IPaddress: 103.3.3.105
>                 Iface HWaddress: default
>                 Iface Netdev: default
>                 SID: 17
>                 iSCSI Connection State: LOGGED IN
>                 iSCSI Session State: LOGGED_IN
>                 Internal iscsid Session State: NO CHANGE
>                 *********
>                 Timeout:

Maybe it should be Timeouts (with a 's') since there is more than 1.

>                 *********
>                 Recovery Timeout: 120
>                 Lun reset Timeout: 30

should probably be all caps "LUN".

Looks ok though.

>                 Abort Timeout: 15
>                 **********
>                 CHAP:
>                 **********
>                 username: initiator_id
>                 password: initiator_sec1
>                 username_in: target_id1
>                 password_in: target_secret1
>
>                 ************************
>                 Negotiated iSCSI params:
>                 ************************
>                 HeaderDigest: None
>                 DataDigest: None
>                 MaxRecvDataSegmentLength: 262144
>                 MaxXmitDataSegmentLength: 8192
>                 FirstBurstLength: 65536
>                 MaxBurstLength: 262144
>                 ImmediateData: Yes
>                 InitialR2T: No
>                 MaxOutstandingR2T: 1
>                 ************************
>                 Attached SCSI devices:
>                 ************************
>                 Host Number: 23 State: running
>                 scsi23 Channel 00 Id 0 Lun: 0
>                         Attached scsi disk sdb          State: running
>

> If output looks ok then I will improve and forward the final patch, also let
> me know if I have missed out something in timeout/CHAP.
>
> For displaying CHAP :-
> Shall I display password also in text form or print '*' instead.
> (as on running iscsiadm -m node -T <target name> -p <ip>, it displays only.

For node mode you have to pass it the --show/-S param to show chap
passwords. You can probably force the same thing in session mode.

> I mean :-
> [root@localhost ~]# iscsiadm -m node -T <target name> -p <ip>
> # BEGIN RECORD 2.0-872
> node.name = iqn.2004-05.com.xyz.bumblee2
> node.tpgt = 1
> node.startup = automatic
> node.leading_login = No
> iface.hwaddress = <empty>
> iface.ipaddress = <empty>
>
> .
> .
> node.session.auth.authmethod = CHAP
> node.session.auth.username = initiator_id1
> node.session.auth.password = ********
> node.session.auth.username_in = target_id1
> node.session.auth.password_in = ********
> node.session.timeo.replacement_timeout = 120
> .
> .
> )
>
> These values needs to be printed in print level3 only or in 0/1/2.

Maybe just level 2, because we are printing the values used for the
iscsi session.