On 09/16/2011 09:01 AM, Heinrich Langos wrote:
> What it boils down to is no significant effect of iptables !

Ok. Different issues maybe then. Let me do some more digging. I have to
kill some other regression that I have been working on for work (also
seen in that "Re: open-iscsi issue" thread) then I can concentrate more
on this.

The strange thing is that I added the iscsi code from upstream to rhel
6/5 and it is working fine with or without iptables for me. I get 113
MB/s read or write on 1 gig.

Is your box 32 bit or 64 and if 32 bit are you using highmem?

If it is 64 bit and you have time and like to build kernels try and do a
"git bisect" to narrow down what kernel commit is causing the problem.