Hi.

A short update first: I don't have this problem on any later suspend attempt
(~4 so far, from a few dozen of minutes suspend to several hours).

And a disclaimer: my kernel is tainted. Nvidia proprietary driver. Yuck.
Feel free to blame the problems on it, I need a motivation to switch this
box to nouveau ;) .

On Mon, Oct 31, 2011 at 7:07 PM, Mike Christie <micha...@cs.wisc.edu> wrote:
> Are these coming from accesses to the iscsi disk that is root? If so
> when the replacement timeout fires, do you get IO errors for the root
> paritition or are you using something like multipath over iscsi (I see
> you have only one path but are you using it to just temporarily queue IO)?

I don't use multipath (...at least, if lsmod | grep "multipath" -> nothing is
enough to tell I'm not). I've not configured a thing to use it.

> Could you send the /var/log/messages?

Attached (gzipped, as it's 250k+ extracted).
Limited from boot to shutdown (...for reboot).
Weird enough: last lines before suspend have a timestamp from wakeup time.
Also, the error output from wakeup is truncated, as seen on line 670:
Oct 30 06:23:22 localhost kernel: [ 1138.769133] Restarting tasks ...
95606]  [<ffffffff8100a9ef>] ? do_softirq+0x3f/0x84

Note: I accidentally hit ctrl-scroll lock while trying to make console
flood stop
to get time to read - and discovered it somehow dumped scheduler status.
Sorry for the data it pushed out of buffer.

>> For the moment, I don't have an idea on how to make resume happen
>> gracefully:

A note on my setup for that boot: actually, I wasn't completely netbooting at
that point: grub2 & /boot were on local disk, but initrd was initiating iscsi
connection. It was an intermediate setting, and I am now completely booting
off iscsi (+ TFTP):
  BIOS + embedded PXE (because I don't want to reflash) ->
  iPXE ("sanboot iscsi:..." maps iscsi to bios disk 0x80) -> grub2 -> linux ->
  initrd reconnects to iscsi to mount /

Maybe this could explain the problem I had (maybe the kernel/suspend tools
weren't treating network gently enough for a clean resume).

Regards,
--
Vincent Pelletier