On 01/27/2012 06:57 AM, manish singh wrote:
> Hi Mike,
>
> I have seen that open iscsi initiator allow logout of the seesion while IO
> is running on one of the Luns of the same session,
> I read in rfc3720 but i didn't find any point like weather it should allow
> logout during IO or not.
>
> Is there some reason/benefit why open-iscsi allow logout while IO is
> running, because doing so might cause current session's IO to corrupt.
>
> I have seen Microsoft windows initiator that does not allow logout of the
> seesion if any of disk that belongs to the session is in use.

It is one of those things we allow root to do. You can delete any type
of disk while in use by just doing "echo 1 > /sys/block/sdX/device/delete".

However to make it safer, I have a bugzilla request to add a check and
warn users if the session is in use. This would be the new default. So
you would have to do something like a

iscsiadm -m node .... --logout --force

to force the logout when it is in use.