On 02/01/2012 10:16 AM, kundra wrote:
> To Developer's
> I have studied the netlink interface  What i have understood from code
> study is that the request goes  to the iscsi layer through the netlink
> interface after then the iscsi_tcp forwards the request through the
> network
> In response the iscsi_tcp Interface receives the response , then
> response being read through the netlink interface , But issue is that
> where the both netlink and iscsi_tcp interface are combining , they
> are both seems to be different  interfaces . Not able to find the
> connection between them at any phase . Hope for instant reply

Not sure what you mean exactly.

iscsid will use the code in open-iscsi/usr/netlink.c to send down
netlink requests. To do this it will open a netlink socket to the kernel
code. The kernel side is in
your-linux-kernel-source/drivers/scsi/scsi_transport_iscsi.c. In there
you see when the module loads it will setup the kernel recv side of the
netlink socket.

When iscsid sends down a nl request, scsi_transport_iscsi.c will recv
it, process the header to figure out what driver (iscsi_tcp, ib_iser,
bnx2i, etc) to use, scsi_transport_iscsi.c will then call the driver's
struct iscsi_transport callout (note that the kernel and userspace have
structs called iscsi_transport, but they are not related) for the request.