Mike Christie wrote:

> On 02/17/2012 02:32 PM, Per Jessen wrote:
>>>
>>> Oh yeah, when you do your boot test would it be possible to run
>>> tcpdump or wrieshark on the target box and send that trace so I can
>>> see what is going on?
>>
>> Sure, I'll do one of those later tonight.
>>

> Nothing useful. Looks ok.

I've got a tcpdump now, its' about 29M when gzipped:

http://files.jessen.ch/stork1-trace2.gz  (will take a few more minutes
to complete the upload).

> Is there any way you can modify the system to run iscsid with
> debugging on and get that info?
>
> iscsid -d 8
>
> instead of just
>
> iscsid
>
> ?

Yes, that ought to be possible by amending the init-script on the root
fs.  I'll try that tomorrow, it's getting a bit late here.  Thank for
your help so far.

> Do you know for pxe +iscsi boot support on suse do you put the iscsi
> session/target info on the command line or do they store it in the
> initramfs?

I expect a bit of both :-( - I specify the target address on the command
(not sure if it is required) line, but the rest is no doubt in the
initramfs.

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (0.9°C)