Hi,

When I do NOT provide LUN 0 from the iscsi target then the iscsi
initiator does not see any LUN and thus there is no device node
created in /dev.

For example I set up 'LUN 2' on my iscsi target and on boot or manual
rescan the initiator would login to the iscsi target but no LUN would
be listed and there was no device node in the /dev directory.

Other symptoms of the problem :

1. dmesg and /var/log/messages contain : scsi 14:0:0:0: Device
offlined - not ready after error recovery
2. manual rescan via iscsiadm -m session -R would take a long time to
complete, > 10 seconds.

When I presented LUN 0 on the iscsi target to my initiator then
everything worked perfectly.

Is this working as designed or is this a bug? If it is a bug is it
known or new? I couldn't find any reports via Google - maybe my
GoogleFu is weak.

My environment :
A) Initiator
  1. SLES 11 sp1
  2. Emulex One Connect oce10102-im CNA (NIC and HBA) using the NIC
(sw iscsi)
  3. be2net v4.0.359.0
  4. Single port - no multipath

B) Target
  1. Nexsan E60, fw Q011.1024

Note that the initiator does establish a session and logs into the
target.

# iscsiadm -m session -P3
iSCSI Transport Class version 2.0-870
version 2.0-871
Target: iqn.1999-02.com.nexsan:p0-10ge:nxs-b01-000:03b611b8
        Current Portal: 10.80.13.128:3260,67
        Persistent Portal: 10.80.13.128:3260,67
                **********
                Interface:
                **********
                Iface Name: default
                Iface Transport: tcp
                Iface Initiatorname: iqn.2012-03.ca.ubc.ok:
01:1f7b3325ac8
                Iface IPaddress: 10.80.13.12
                Iface HWaddress: <empty>
                Iface Netdev: <empty>
                SID: 1
                iSCSI Connection State: LOGGED IN
                iSCSI Session State: LOGGED_IN
                Internal iscsid Session State: NO CHANGE
                ************************
                Negotiated iSCSI params:
                ************************
                HeaderDigest: None