On 04/30/2012 02:32 PM, goo...@pierre-beck.de wrote:
> Hi,
>
> this is a fairly grave bug for me. I imagine it's specific to my setup,
> otherwise more people would complain. KVM or open-iscsi, or both
> involved. Posting bug report here.
>
> The setup is:
>
> Dual socket Host with 2x Intel Xeon L5520
> 2x Ethernet controller: Intel Corporation 82576 Gigabit Network
> Connection (rev 01)
>
> Debian Squeeze / Unstable mix on Host and Guest
> Kernel 3.2 on Host and Guest
> Qemu-KVM 1.0 (current Debian package = 1.01)
> (the bug was encountered with earlier kernel / qemu versions on same
> hardware)

I ran with kernel 3.3 on host and guest and it is working for me. I beat
up on it pretty hard, because I have been testing vm/memory + iscsi issues.

> Oddities:
>  - limiting rate does not prevent bug: # echo 1 >
> /proc/sys/vm/drop_caches; pv -L1000k /dev/sdc > /dev/null
>  - writing data does not trigger bug: # cat /dev/zero > /dev/sdc
>  - reading while writing, triggering bug, will cause both to interrupt
>  - booting VM without hardware assisted virtualization, things got
> worse. even queue_depth = 1 and read_ahead_kb = 64 did not help.

Does just reading work?

What is in /var/log/messages when you hit problems?

Could you try with some debugging on?

echo 1 > /sys/module/libiscsi/parameters/debug_libiscsi_session
echo 1 > /sys/module/libiscsi/parameters/debug_libiscsi_eh