Hi!

I was able to solve my mutual authenticatipon problem (Thanks to Mike!). The
reason was that initiator and target swap roles, so that

OutgoingUser iqn.1996-04.de.suse:01:39f021fed644 pass2pass2pass2

must match

node.session.auth.username_in = iqn.1996-04.de.suse:01:39f021fed644
node.session.auth.password_in = pass2pass2pass2

(This {,_in} and {Incoming,Outgoing} has always confused me: wouldn't it be
better to rename those as "Initiator" and "Target" on both sides? (i.e.
...auth.initiator.password corresponding to IET's TargetUser, etc.))

But now the real issue: When trying to log in when being already logged in,
iscsiadm complains "Could not log into all portals", which is right, but also
wrong.

It could not log in, because it was already logged in. Wouldn't it make sense
to count only actually failed login? In my case on the first attempt only 1 of
3 sessions could log in. Then on the second attemtpt, the remaining 2 of 3
could log in. Eventually on the third attempt 0 of 3 neede a login. But in all
cases the message from iscsiadm was the same "Could not log into all portals".
I think this confuses the user more than necessary.

# iscsiadm -m node -L all
iscsiadm: default: 1 session requested, but 1 already present.
iscsiadm: default: 1 session requested, but 1 already present.
iscsiadm: default: 1 session requested, but 1 already present.
iscsiadm: Could not log into all portals

Regards,
Ulrich