On 06/30/2012 12:53 PM, Nik Martin wrote:
Linux 2.6.18-308.8.2.el5xen #1 SMP Tue Jun 12 10:39:28 EDT 2012 x86_64
x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
The initiators have three ethernet ports active, management, public, and
storage, all intel GBEs, Connected to the same Dell Powerconnect.

So are you running the initiators in rhel/centos 5? What version? If you run them in the newest version or run them in 6.2 does it work ok?

If you are using a older version of rhel5 then you might be hitting a bug where we mis detected a bad network. The initiator would not see IO being processed and would send a iscsi nop as a ping. The ping would fail to execute within your noop timeout settings. But it would fail because you were pushing a lot of IO and the nop/ping just got stuck. We fixed this by checking if other IO sent before it was completing then we gave the nop/ping more time.