On 07/09/2012 07:02 AM, Wassim Zaarour wrote:
> Hi List,
>
> I have installed iSCSI on CentOS and it was working fine with the Seagte
> NAS until i had a power cut.
> After the server and the NAS restarted, i am getting errors when i try
> to discover or restart iSCSI
>
> root@insync ~]# iscsiadm -m discovery -t sendtargets -p 172.16.10.2
> iscsiadm: Login response timeout. Waited 30 seconds and did not get
> reponse PDU.
>
> iscsiadm: discovery login to 172.16.10.2 failed, giving up 2
> iscsiadm: Could not perform SendTargets discovery: encountered
> non-retryable iSCSI login failure

What was the extra error info in /var/log/messages?

> [root@insync ~]# service iscsi restart
> Stopping iscsi:                                            [  OK  ]
> Starting iscsi: iscsiadm: Could not login to [iface: default, target:
> iqn.1992-09.com.seagate:remote, portal: 172.16.10.2,3260].
> iscsiadm: initiator reported error (8 - connection timed out)
> iscsiadm: Could not login to [iface: default, target:
> iqn.1992-09.com.seagate:beirutusers, portal: 172.16.10.2,3260].
> iscsiadm: initiator reported error (8 - connection timed out)
> iscsiadm: Could not log into all portals
>                                                            [  OK  ]

Your target's login settings probably got reset. Make sure the
/etc/iscsi/initiatorname.iscsi is setup in the target ACLs, any CHAP
settings you setup on the initiator are still setup on the target, and
make sure the portals that were found before are up and active.