DanRoche -
Thank you *SO* much for posting this script!  It has solved an irritating
problem with OpenFiler that has plagued me.

As you suggest, it would be better to mount according to entries in
/etc/fstab.  I took your script and just replaced the mount/umount commands
with:

*mount -f $(cat fstab | grep _netdev | cut -d " " -f 2)*
*umount -f $(cat fstab | grep _netdev | cut -d " " -f 2)*