Hello Mike,

Am Samstag, 6. Oktober 2012 05:15:11 UTC+2 schrieb Mike Christie:

> On Oct 5, 2012, at 2:39 PM, squadra <j...@internetx.de <javascript:>>
> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> from time to time i see connection errors like this to our equallogic
> 6100xv / 4100e stack.
>
> ct  5 21:22:20 xxx kernel: connection4:0: detected conn error (1020)
>

> Do you see something before this? Maybe something about a nop/ping timing
> out, or as Paul mentioned something about the target wanting to logout or
> dropping the connections?

no, those messages are the first thing which pop up on the clients. the
only thing i can see is that we ran a full backup at this time.

> If not, on the target log, do you see something about the target closing
> the connection?

the equallogic tells us this:

iSCSI session to target '192.168.xx.xx:3260,
iqn.2001-05.com.equallogic:4-52aed6-...' from initiator '192.168.xxxx:48758,
iqn.1994-05.com.redhat:xxx' was closed.
        iSCSI intra-group connection failure.
        Local reset initiated due to network errors.

on switch side (a cisco 3750 stack) we dont see any drops/errors at all...

Oct  5 21:22:21 xxx iscsid: Kernel reported iSCSI connection 4:0 error