-----Original Message-----
From: Mike Christie <micha...@cs.wisc.edu>
Date: Wednesday 14 November 2012 12:21 PM
To: Vikas <vikas.chaudh...@qlogic.com>
Cc: "open-iscsi@googlegroups.com" <open-iscsi@googlegroups.com>, Lalit
Chandivade <lalit.chandiv...@qlogic.com>, Ravi Anand
<ravi.an...@qlogic.com>, Adheer Chandravanshi
<adheer.chandravan...@qlogic.com>
Subject: Re: [RFC_V2 PATCH 1/2] iscsi_flash_sysfs: Add flash target mgmt
support through sysfs.

>On Nov 9, 2012, at 5:35 AM, vikas.chaudh...@qlogic.com wrote:
>
>> From: Adheer Chandravanshi <adheer.chandravan...@qlogic.com>
>>
>> This patch allows iscsiadm to manage iSCSI target information stored on
>> adapter flash on per host basis.
>>
>> The sysfs entries will look as cited below:
>> /sys/firmware/iscsi_offload/host1/new
>> /sys/firmware/iscsi_offload/host1/delete
>> /sys/firmware/iscsi_offload/host1/tgt0/logout
>> /sys/firmware/iscsi_offload/host1/tgt0/login
>> /sys/firmware/iscsi_offload/host1/tgt0/apply
>> /sys/firmware/iscsi_offload/host1/tgt0/<Target attributes>
>>
>> Here - new, delete, login, logout and apply are the operations which
>>iscsiadm
>> can perform on each target entry.
>
>Hey,
>
>One major issue I had with the patch is that I do not see why we need a
>new interface for this. It seems that all this can be done with the
>existing iscsi class interface and then we do not have to add yet another
>iscsi interface. Just add the new files you need to the existing one.

We modified patch to use existing iscsi class interface as per your
feedback.
I am sending following modified patches in next email.

Patch:-
        [RFC_V3 PATCH 1/2] scsi_transport_iscsi: Add flash target mgmt support
through sysfs
        [RFC_V3 PATCH 2/2] qla4xxx: Add flash target mgmt support through sysfs.

This message and any attached documents contain information from QLogic
Corporation or its wholly-owned subsidiaries that may be confidential. If you
are not the intended recipient, you may not read, copy, distribute, or use this
information. If you have received this transmission in error, please notify the
sender immediately by reply e-mail and then delete this message.